home | about | silver | teddies | books | crosses | pewter | checkout | contact | links
Improve AOL's Settings
Using AOL to browse the web? In our experience you may have problems viewing images properly on many graphically enhanced web sites. The default settings can easily be changed to allow viewing of images as they were intended. Follow the steps for the browser you are using:
AOL's Default Browser
Internet Explorer - AOL
- Choose "Preferences"
- Check "Uncompressed Graphics"
- Make sure only "Show current location," and Show destination of hyperlinks" are the only boxes checked.
- At the bottom of the box, click on "Advanced."
- Uncheck "Cache Web pages and graphics locally."
- Choose "Purge Cache."
- Click "OK".
- At the top of your AOL browser, click on the 'Prefs' button.
- Go to the Web Graphics tab and uncheck the 'Use compressed graphics' box. Click 'OK'.
- Now choose the "Advanced" tab located to the immediate left of the "Web Graphics" tab.
- Click "Settings."
- Under "Check for newer versions of stored pages," check "Every visit to the page."
- For "Amount of disk space to use," choose "100% of drive."
- Under "Current folder: C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\", (this is the default location - the path on your system may differ), click "Empty Folder."
- Click "OK."